Search Our Site
Dr. Marco Vargas, DPM, FACFAS
List All Members | General:
Dr. Marco Vargas, DPM, FACFAS
- Foot and Ankle Associates
- 17510 W. Grand Parkway South, Suite 530
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Marco A Vargas is a 1997 graduate of Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine in Miami, Florida. Dr. Vargas is board certified in foot surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and in foot surgery and primary podiatric medicine by the American Board of Multiple Specialties in Podiatry and he is a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons and the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine. He is the founder of Foot & Ankle Associates and former team podiatrist for the Miami Fusion of Major League Soccer and a current member of the Plex Sports Medicine team. He is also a former college football player. His hobbies include cooking, traveling and working out with his wife and kids. Dr. Vargas serves the Sugar Land and Richmond area communities as a foot care specialist with Foot & Ankle Associates with offices in Richmond/Rosenberg and Sugar Land, Texas.
- Anaheim General Hospital - Anaheim, California
Podiatric Surgery Resident July 1997 - June 1999
Chief Resident 1998-1999
- Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine- Miami Shores, FL
Graduated May 1997
- University of Florida - Gainesville, FL
- Foot and Ankle Associates February 2000 - present
Solo practice specializing in all aspects of podiatric medicine with emphasis on sports medicine and surgery.
- Sunset Sports Medicine July 1999 - February 2000 Solo practice
Specialized in treatment of athletic injuries along with treatment of common podiatric pathology. Served as team podiatrist for the Miami Fusion of Major League Soccer.
- Diplomate, American Board of Multiple Specialties in Podiatry
- Diplomate American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Member, American Podiatric Medical Association
- Member, Harris County Podiatric Medical Society
- Member, Texas Podiatric Medical Association
- American Diabetes Association
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Associate, American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
- Associate Fellow, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Associate, International Aesthetic Foot Society
- Assistant Clinical Attending, Harris County Podiatric Surgical Residency
- Visiting Professor of Surgery, Universidad de Cartagena Medical School, Cartagena de Indias, Colombia, S.A.
- Associate, American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management
- Speaker, Fort Bend Fit Running Club
- Guest speaker, Oak Bend Medical Center Diabetes Support Group
- Guest Speaker, Ben Taub Hospital Diabetes Support Group
- Member of Community Relations Board, T.W. Davis YMCA in Richmond, TX
- Host, “Diverse Topics in Health”, KBUK FM La Grange, TX
- Host, “Consulta Con el Doctor Vargas”, La Tremenda 1010 AM Houston, TX
- Team Sponsor, New Territory Knights Football
- Gold Sponsor, Fired Up 5k in Sugar Land, TX
- Speaker for Dermik Laboratories
- Consultant for Integra Life Sciences Biomedical Products
- Consultant for Orthometrix Corporation
- Volunteer Ninos de la Frontera Project, Reynosa, Mexico
Download a Publication:
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome: Running to Success
- How do you know if you have a Lisfranc injurie?
- What is Posterior Tibial Tendonitis?
- What is a stress fracture of the foot and ankle?
Diabetic Foot Problems
Skin and Nail Problems
- A painful rash on your foot!
- Stiff Big Toes
- Do you have dry skin that is starting to crack?
- Is your big toe shorter than your second toe?
- Step by step animations to describe surgical foot procedures!
Heel and Arch Pain